I love Lake POWELL!!!
I had quite the eventful week!! Monday and Tuesday was SWAT Team Practice and then Me, Britley, and Shelby went to Lake Powell from Wednesday-Saturday with Shelby's family.
We had a BLAST!! After we made it there safely of course.
Well we typed in Bullfrog Marina into the GPS and it came up as Bullfrog Road in Hanksville. The map showed it right next to Lake Powell so we figured that must be it. We drove for about 3 hours and finally got to this so called 'Bullfrog Road' and realized we were 50 miles off from our destination with no cell phone service. The GPS had lied to us. So we typed in all the landmarks/restaurants we could think of that were near Lake Powell since the GPS lacked the technology to guide us to just Lake Powell.
When they got there they took over and were going to drop us off where we needed to go. We drove for about 40 miles in a 65 speed limit zone and the speed limit suddenly changed to 35 going downhill. Well Ben (Shelby's brother-in-law) failed to slow down and we were pulled over by a park ranger. Nikki (Shelby's sister) had to pee really bad so we pulled into a gas station and Nikki got out of the car and ran (she has a really bad
Since it was Shelby's Dad's car and he failed to put the new registration in his van (he thinks he accidentally threw it away) and Nikki ran from the cops, and Ben was speeding, and Shelby wasn't wearing a seatbelt....
... we got off with a warning. Surprisingly!! It made for a great story though! The cops were really nice and were basically just bored. They gave us a warning about the speeding and couldn't stop laughing at the incident that had just happened. It was a terribly long day and the three of us girls (Shelby, Britley, and I) had just about had it. We arrived safely on the houseboat and entertained everyone all night telling of our days activities.
The rest of the week went smoothly and we had so much fun tubing and swimming in 111 degree weather!!! Lake Powell is so beautiful and pictures do not do it justice but it was so fun! I hope I get to do it again soon!! :)

Oh Lyss - if you only knew how I long to go to Lake Powell again. It's so good to see pictures and know for myself that it still exists. ;)
ReplyDeleteThat story is hilarious about your encounter with the cops! I was almost crying from hysterics. :)